Under the direction of the Board of Directors, this position is responsible for the overall management of the business affairs of the Council of Professional Investigators Ontario (CPIO). The Administrator will report directly to the President of the CPIO and will be based out of the home office of the administrator. The expectation in hours per week TBD.
· Experience as an Administrator reporting to a Board of Directors or prior Executive Assistant
· Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with specific programs and software
· Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties
· Strong organizational, event management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
· Able to travel within Ontario.
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
· Friendly, motivated, outgoing and professional demeanor
· Excellent writing skills
· Prepare internal and external documents for the membership and various industry partners
· Schedule meetings and appointments
· Arrange association events such as conferences, workshops, dinner/lunch/breakfast meetings and attending events to promote the association
· Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents
· Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
· Develop and sustain a level of professionalism among the membership and industry partners
1. Ensures that regular Board Meetings & Committee Meetings are scheduled and agendas are prepared in advance of meetings and that all Directors are in receipt of relevant materials required by the agenda.
2. Responsible for attending all Board and Committee Meetings and ensures minutes are taken
3. Ensures that files and records for the Board of Directors, Committees of the Board are maintained in good order.
4. Works directly with the Board of Directors to set priorities within their goals and objectives and ensures that resources are appropriately allocated to meet the goals and objectives. Works directly with the Board to develop and maintain appropriate policy and directives as required.
5. Ensures that all reporting requirements are prepared, approved by the Board of Directors and submitted in a timely manner.
6. Implements directives of the Board of Directors.
7. Performs all other duties as assigned from time to time by the Board of Directors.
1. Works with the various Committees to identify a seminar theme, agenda items and organizes speakers accordingly,
2. Acts as the main point of contact for all enquiries from delegates, exhibitors, directors etc.
3. Prepares registration forms for delegates and exhibitors and prepares seminar packages.
4. Responsible for locating a venue and establishing correspondence with the venue and all a/v requirements
5. Responsible for preparing, printing and dispersing agenda packages.
6. Send out letters/packages to delegates and exhibitors, including registration forms, accommodation information, and floor plan in a timely manner.
a. compile replies to registrations enquiries
b. prepares name tags for delegates, exhibitors and guests
c. compiles meal counts for the caterer in a timely fashion
d. ensures adequate staffing of the registration desk and assistance throughout the event
8. Follow-up calls to delegates and exhibitors.
9. Prepares all signage
10. Prepares all material that the CPIO table will require.
11. Liaises with the seminar venue re: rooms, meals, set-up, and equipment needed.
12. Arranges tokens of appreciation for speakers.
13. Post Seminar – prepares a conference report for the Board of Directors including financial information (P&L), feedback from the membership and recommendations for future seminars.
14. Prepares and distributes a post seminar electronic survey and any presentations received from the speakers.
15. AGM - Prepares and mails the AGM & election packages to the membership. Organizes and presides over elections at the AGM – records the minutes.
Membership & Administration Duties
1. Works with and provides administrative support for each Board Member on related CPIO matters.
2. Liaison with industry partners.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resumes and cover letter to email@example.com.